Saturday, May 30, 2009

Get Whitney Port's Hair Secrets

Whitney Port talks about some of her hair secrets and who she trust to do her hairstyle.


You don't have to be a fan of The City to know that the show’s star, Whitney Port, has some of the best hair on television. Need proof? Just look at the girls out there sporting her signature half-updo (including Whitney’s costar, Olivia Palermo). The blonde PR pro recently sat down with Cosmo and shared her surprisingly simple styling tips.





Q: So, what inspired your signature hair look with the two little clips?

A: I’m really bad at doing my hair, so the front always looks a little bit off. I think that the front is the most important in terms of the whole look. So, because the front layers just get awkward sometimes, I feel like I have to clip them back. It’s also kind of playing off that hippie-chick look. I just keep it straight in the back.

Q: Is your hair naturally really straight?
A: Yeah, it’s really straight and kind of stringy, but when I blow-dry it, it looks more voluminous.

Q: Do you blow-dry it most days?
A: No, I usually just try to let it dry naturally, and I try not to wash it every day. I’ll sleep with it in a low bun so it has a kind of wave the next day.

Q: Where do you get your hair done in New York when you’re here?
A: I don’t really get my hair done in New York. My haircut and color are both from people in Los Angeles at the Chris McMillan Salon. I trust everyone over there.

Q: It’s nice to have that trust.
A: I never really change my cut that much. I always just get a trim also because since we’re filming we have to keep everything consistent. We don’t really make drastic changes to our look.

Q: Have you ever gone nuts and done a completely different thing with your hair?
A: Oh yeah. Back in high school I chopped it all off so I had a bob up to my ears.

Q: Did you like it?
A: At first I loved it, and you walk out of the salon and it looks great because they styled it for you. And then the next day you wash it and it’s horrible. But it’s just hair, so it grows back.

Q: What are your favorite products?
A: I use Enjoy Sulfate-Free Luxury Shampoo and Conditioner — they come in hot pink bottles. Then, I use Enjoy Conditioning Spray. Sometimes I’ll use Frédéric Fekkai Glossing Cream and Kérastase hairspray.

Q: What’s your favorite way to wear your hair on a date?
A: Hmm...I think that on a date I’d just let it dry naturally. I’m so finicky about my hair getting damaged and how much I get it done that when I don’t have to do anything to it, I just let it air-dry and leave it alone.


SOURCE: Cosmopolitan
(http://www.cosmopolitan.com/hairstyles-beauty/hair-care/whitney-port-hair-secrets)
AUTHOR: Andrea Lavinthal
PHOTO: Jeff Lipsky/Courtesy of MTV



No comments: